Sunday, May 31, 2015

REVIEW - L'Oréal True Match foundation

The L'Oréal True Match foundation is probably one of the most raved about L'Oréal foundations on the internet. So obviously, I had to try it out myself! I have the shade R1-C1 Rose Ivory.






First of all, the packaging looks nice and sleek. It is a glass bottle, so traveling with it could get difficult. Also, the foundation has SPF 17, which might be an advantage to some people, but keep in mind that it might give you a little flashback with flash photography.
There is a very good color range available for pale skintones. Because I am quite pale, it is usually difficult for me to find a drugstore foundation that is not too dark or orange on me. But this foundation seems to match my skintone perfectly.
The formula is very liquid and runny, but I quite like that because I find it easy to work with and blend in. I would say the coverage is medium, but definitely buildable. It gets rid of a lot of redness because of the yellow undertones in the foundation. This makes this foundation perfect for people who have acne-prone skin. The finish is a little matte but gives you a nice healthy glow. I have oily skin and this foundation lasts pretty well on me. Throughout the day I do notice a little shine, but a quick touch up with some powder and it's all gone!


The L'Oréal True Match foundation retails for $10.95.

No comments: